Through our Virtual IT Manager service ECOM IT Solutions can support your business in aligning your Information Technology strategy to better meet your business objectives. Whether it’s for specific tactical project engagements, or for wider strategic and business planning, ECOM IT Solutions can provide experienced IT Manager resource to develop solutions and strategies for your specific business needs.
Your business can benefit from a Virtual IT Manager engagement from ECOM IT Solutions in the following circumstances:
- You’re a CEO, CFO or COO without an IT Manager to develop a clear IT strategy for your business
- You’re an IT Manager needing to get board level buy-in to support your strategy
- You’re looking to reduce your IT spend with a clear and cohesive strategy
- Your business has outgrown its existing IT provision and needs a fresh approach
- Your existing IT provision lacks flexibility, innovation and is acting a barrier to growth
Our approach is an initial face-to-face meeting with you to discuss your requirements and then to provide you with a tailored proposal for the engagement based on an agreed day rate and an expected number of days. Our typical engagements are:
- Technology Presentations to meet specific business demands (e.g. PCI Compliance)
- Current State Assessments (of Technology and/or Process) and recommendations
- The development of a full IT strategy for your business
We recognise that independent and impartial advice might be one of your requirements and therefore we have the ability to refer Virtual IT Manager engagements to a vetted network of independent sector-aligned consultants. They’ll work with you to establish the most appropriate solution (even if that doesn’t involve working with ECOM IT Solutions).
In addition, we offer an on-going engagement option. This typically follows on from the initial engagement and takes one or two formats:
- Initial delivery of the IT Strategy – A shorter term engagement to help you establish a firm foundation for your IT strategy and achieve some early wins.
- On-going Virtual IT Manager support – A fixed monthly cost providing access to a board level IT Manager to support the on-going delivery of the IT Strategy. Many businesses don’t justify or need a full time IT Manager and our remote Virtual IT Manager service provides strategic guidance and reassurance to your senior management team on an as needed basis. The Virtual IT Manager will ensure that their initial recommendations actually deliver the business benefits they said they would.
The benefits delivered through a well-defined consultancy engagement and coherent IT strategy include:
- Cost reduction through better management of spend
- IT working in partnership with the business to support actual business needs
- A better understanding of the IT agenda throughout the business
- More effective and informed decision making where IT expenditure is concerned
- On-going strategic delivery and guidance to ensure your IT provision continues to fit the sustainable growth and development of your business